July 30, 2012
Contact: Rich Parsons
AUSTIN, TX – Texas Secretary of State Hope Andrade is reminding voters that Tuesday, July 31 is Election Day for the 2012 Primary Run-Off elections.
“I want to thank all the voters who took time out of their busy summer schedules to vote early in the primary run-off elections,” said Secretary Andrade. “And I encourage Texas voters who did not cast a ballot during early voting to vote on Tuesday so you can make your mark on Texas.”
On Election Day, polls statewide will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. For polling place locations contact your local county elections office or use the links provided at www.VoteTexas.gov.
Photo identification rules as passed into law in Senate Bill 14 will not be required on Election Day for the 2012 Primary Run-Off elections. To cast a ballot, voters should present their voter registration card or in lieu of a voter registration card, at least one of the following:
- A driver’s license or personal identification card issued to you by the Texas Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, even if the license or card has expired;
- A form of identification that contains your photograph and establishes your identity;
- A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
- Your United States citizenship papers;
- Your United States passport;
- Official mail addressed to you by a governmental entity; or
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.